【Summary】(1) Apply weight on bit; (2) Ensure the necessary strength under compression conditions; (3) reduce the vibration, swing, and beat of the drill to make the drill work smoothly; (4) Control well inclination.
(1) Apply weight on bit;
(2) Ensure the necessary strength under compression conditions;
(3) reduce the vibration, swing, and beat of the drill to make the drill work smoothly;
(4) Control well inclination.
Drill collars are generally divided into three types: spiral drill collars, non-magnetic drill collars, and integral drill collars.
(1) The whole drill collar is a smooth thick wall round pipe, and the two ends are processed to connect the thread.
(2) The spiral drill collar processes 3 right-turn spiral grooves on the outer cylinder of the round drill collar to reduce the contact area with the well wall and effectively prevent the differential pressure sticking
(3) Non-magnetic drill collar is mainly used for monitoring in the oil drilling process, and the structure is the same as the whole drill collar. Non-magnetic drill collars are manufactured using N1310 low-carbon alloy steel, which is forged through rigorous chemical composition analysis. The mechanical properties of the material can be tested to ensure that the hardness, toughness, impact value and corrosion resistance meet the standards, with good low permeability and good machining properties.
In order to facilitate the trip work, the hanger groove and slip groove can be machined on the outer surface of the inside thread of the drill collar.
Implementation standard: SY5144-2007.API7-1
The kelly pipe is located at the upper end of the drill string, and its main role is to transfer the torque and withstand the total amount of the drill string. The end face of the drive part of the kelly pipe is divided into square and hexagon, the more square is used in oil drilling, and the water eye is a regular hexagon, because the wall thickness is about three times that of the drill pipe, and is made of high-strength alloy steel, so it has high tensile strength and torsional strength.MORE
The drill pipe is the hub connecting the surface and the underground. In rotary drilling, the drill string is used to transfer the energy needed to break rock, apply weight on bit to the bottom of the well, and transport drilling fluid in the well. When drilling with downhole power drilling tools, it withstands the reverse torque of downhole power drilling tools and delivers liquid energy to downhole power drilling tools at the same time.MORE